Trying to plan a perfect girls getaway? look no futhur then NEW YORK CITY!!!! Since this was our second time visiting the city, I thought I would make a list of highlights from our trips (aka a perfect itinerary for a girls weekend in New York).
1. Walk around central and take a boat out on the lake (The Loeb Boathouse)
2. Go up to the top of Rockefeller center. The views are stunning!!!!
3. Visit the Flatiron building. Bonus: Its located right by the restaurant Eataly!!
4. Visit Brooklyn! (The first photo is the view of Manhattan Bridge from a street in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Photo two is walking on Brooklyn Bridge)
5. Go to the National History Museum. This museum is HUGE and you could definitely spend a solid day or two just exploring. If you have watched Night at the Museum you will love spotting all the different characters and artifacts that were in the movie.
6. See a play!!! This was my first time seeing a play in New York and we just happened to get opening night tickets for the famous Rockettes. The play was phenomenal. The outfits and dancing really put me in the christmas spirit.
7. Pick a fun hotel! First decide which area you prefer to be closest too. For us we wanted to focus on central park and 5th ave. We ended up staying at Le Parker Meridian. It had a wonderful view of central park and a great little bar downstairs that is perfect for late night chats over a nice glass of wine.
The best time to visit is around November (in my opinion). The weather is chilly and you can wear all your cute layers BUT its not snowing yet which makes it a lot easier to walk/drive around. This is also the perfect time to visit since all department stores are already decorating for Christmas and The Rockefeller Center christmas tree gets delivered.
If you are looking for restaurant recommendations, my two favorite places are Sarabeths and Eataly. If you have any recommendations for my next trip leave it in the comments!!!!