Trying to plan a perfect girls getaway? Look no further than NEW YORK CITY!!!! Since this was our second visit here, I thought I would share some highlights (a perfect itinerary for a girls weekend).
1. Walk around Central Park and boat ride on the lake (The Loeb Boathouse)
2. Top of Rockefeller Center. The view is stunning!!!!
3. The Flatiron building. Bonus: It’s located by the restaurant Eataly!!
4. Brooklyn (The first photo is the view of the Manhattan Bridge from a street in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Next, walking on the Brooklyn Bridge.)
5. The National History Museum. This museum is HUGE and you could spend a day or two exploring. If you watched Night at the Museum, you will love identifying the different characters and artifacts from the movie.
6.Enjoy a play!!! For my first show in New York, we were able to secure opening night tickets for the fabulous Rockettes…..phenomenal. The choreography and costumes put us in the Christmas spirit.
7. Pick a fun hotel! Decide the area you prefer to be closest to. For us, it was Central Park and 5th Ave. We stayed at Le Parker Meridian with a wonderful view of Central Park and a great little bar, perfect for late night chats and a glass of wine.
Our favorite time to visit is November. The weather is chilly so you can wear all your cute layers BUT hopefully no snow yet. This definitely makes it easier to walk/drive around. Also, the department stores are decorated for Christmas and The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree is delivered.
Restaurant recommendations, two of my favorite are Sarabeths and Eataly. Leave any of your recommendations in the comments for my future trips!!!!
My favorite photos from this trip are of this beautiful flower field and church in Vík í Myrdal. Next stop, Reynisfjara Beach, one of the most popular beaches in Iceland with its black sand and rock formations. The beautiful waterfall is Rangárþing eystra. Loved walking close enough to feel the powerful mist. A campsite is located just a few feet away. I concluded with my list of favorite places in Iceland. You might want to add to your travel bucket list! Enjoy!
Favorite destinations in Iceland:
- Bruarfoss Waterfall
- Gullfoss Falls
- Secret Lagoon *Admission $27 per person for swimming. Food, lockers, & bathrooms available. (Less crowds and cost than Blue Lagoon.)
- Seljalandsfoss Waterfall Waterfall. * Ability to hike behind the falls. Bring a waterproof jacket and shoes.
- Gljúfrabúi Waterfall, Þórsmerkurvegur
- Skógafoss Waterfall
- Solheimasandur Plane Wreck *1 1/2 hour roundtrip from parking lot to wreckage. Sadly site is being destroyed by tourists.
- Dyrhólaey Arch
- Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach, Reynishverfisvegur, Iceland
- Reynisdrangar View, Iceland
- Fjaðrárgljúfur *Canyon in south east Iceland up to 100 m deep and about 2 kilometres long, with the Fjaðrá river flowing through it.
- Skaftafell, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Jökulsárlón Skaftafell National Park