Trying to plan a perfect girls getaway? Look no further than NEW YORK CITY!!!! Since this was our second visit here, I thought I would share some highlights (a perfect itinerary for a girls weekend).
1. Walk around Central Park and boat ride on the lake (The Loeb Boathouse)
2. Top of Rockefeller Center. The view is stunning!!!!
3. The Flatiron building. Bonus: It’s located by the restaurant Eataly!!
4. Brooklyn (The first photo is the view of the Manhattan Bridge from a street in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Next, walking on the Brooklyn Bridge.)
5. The National History Museum. This museum is HUGE and you could spend a day or two exploring. If you watched Night at the Museum, you will love identifying the different characters and artifacts from the movie.
6.Enjoy a play!!! For my first show in New York, we were able to secure opening night tickets for the fabulous Rockettes…..phenomenal. The choreography and costumes put us in the Christmas spirit.
7. Pick a fun hotel! Decide the area you prefer to be closest to. For us, it was Central Park and 5th Ave. We stayed at Le Parker Meridian with a wonderful view of Central Park and a great little bar, perfect for late night chats and a glass of wine.
Our favorite time to visit is November. The weather is chilly so you can wear all your cute layers BUT hopefully no snow yet. This definitely makes it easier to walk/drive around. Also, the department stores are decorated for Christmas and The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree is delivered.
Restaurant recommendations, two of my favorite are Sarabeths and Eataly. Leave any of your recommendations in the comments for my future trips!!!!
On November 5th, I hosted my very first baby shower. It was fun and easy to plan.
The shower was held on the beautiful patio at the Farmhouse Restaurant in Roger’s Garden. Their floral team created two stunning centerpieces and I added some small decorations for the table… confetti and flower crowns (purchased on Amazon). The favors were Nothing Bunt Cakes tied with blue ribbons and cute little message cards.
I highly recommend the Farmhouse Restaurant for any lunch date or small gathering. The food is exceptional and the staff is fantastic!!!!!