Trying to plan a perfect girls getaway? look no futhur then NEW YORK CITY!!!! Since this was our second time visiting the city, I thought I would make a list of highlights from our trips (aka a perfect itinerary for a girls weekend in New York).
1. Walk around central and take a boat out on the lake (The Loeb Boathouse)
2. Go up to the top of Rockefeller center. The views are stunning!!!!
3. Visit the Flatiron building. Bonus: Its located right by the restaurant Eataly!!
4. Visit Brooklyn! (The first photo is the view of Manhattan Bridge from a street in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Photo two is walking on Brooklyn Bridge)
5. Go to the National History Museum. This museum is HUGE and you could definitely spend a solid day or two just exploring. If you have watched Night at the Museum you will love spotting all the different characters and artifacts that were in the movie.
6. See a play!!! This was my first time seeing a play in New York and we just happened to get opening night tickets for the famous Rockettes. The play was phenomenal. The outfits and dancing really put me in the christmas spirit.
7. Pick a fun hotel! First decide which area you prefer to be closest too. For us we wanted to focus on central park and 5th ave. We ended up staying at Le Parker Meridian. It had a wonderful view of central park and a great little bar downstairs that is perfect for late night chats over a nice glass of wine.
The best time to visit is around November (in my opinion). The weather is chilly and you can wear all your cute layers BUT its not snowing yet which makes it a lot easier to walk/drive around. This is also the perfect time to visit since all department stores are already decorating for Christmas and The Rockefeller Center christmas tree gets delivered.
If you are looking for restaurant recommendations, my two favorite places are Sarabeths and Eataly. If you have any recommendations for my next trip leave it in the comments!!!!
On November 5th, I hosted my first baby shower. It was one of the most fun (and easy) parties I have ever planned and wanted to share how it turned out.
The shower was held outdoors on the gorgeous patio of the Farmhouse Restaurant at Roger Garden. I had two centerpieces made by the floral team at Rogers Garden and brought some small decorations for the table (some confetti and flower crowns, both purchased on amazon). The favors were Nothing Bunt Cakes tied with blue ribbon and cute little message cards.
I highly recommend the Farmhouse Restaurant for any lunch date or small gathering. The food is exceptional and the staff was fantastic!!!!!
My favorite photos from this trip are of this beautiful flower field and church in Vík í Myrdal. Next stop, Reynisfjara Beach, one of the most popular beaches in Iceland with its black sand and rock formations. The beautiful waterfall is Rangárþing eystra. Loved walking close enough to feel the powerful mist. A campsite is located just a few feet away. I concluded with my list of favorite places in Iceland. You might want to add to your travel bucket list! Enjoy!
Favorite destinations in Iceland:
- Bruarfoss Waterfall
- Gullfoss Falls
- Secret Lagoon *Admission $27 per person for swimming. Food, lockers, & bathrooms available. (Less crowds and cost than Blue Lagoon.)
- Seljalandsfoss Waterfall Waterfall. * Ability to hike behind the falls. Bring a waterproof jacket and shoes.
- Gljúfrabúi Waterfall, Þórsmerkurvegur
- Skógafoss Waterfall
- Solheimasandur Plane Wreck *1 1/2 hour roundtrip from parking lot to wreckage. Sadly site is being destroyed by tourists.
- Dyrhólaey Arch
- Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach, Reynishverfisvegur, Iceland
- Reynisdrangar View, Iceland
- Fjaðrárgljúfur *Canyon in south east Iceland up to 100 m deep and about 2 kilometres long, with the Fjaðrá river flowing through it.
- Skaftafell, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Jökulsárlón Skaftafell National Park