My favorite photos from this trip are of this beautiful flower field and church in Vík í Myrdal. Next stop, Reynisfjara Beach, one of the most popular beaches in Iceland with its black sand and rock formations. The beautiful waterfall is Rangárþing eystra. Loved walking close enough to feel the powerful mist. A campsite is located just a few feet away. I concluded with my list of favorite places in Iceland. You might want to add to your travel bucket list! Enjoy!
Favorite destinations in Iceland:
- Bruarfoss Waterfall
- Gullfoss Falls
- Secret Lagoon *Admission $27 per person for swimming. Food, lockers, & bathrooms available. (Less crowds and cost than Blue Lagoon.)
- Seljalandsfoss Waterfall Waterfall. * Ability to hike behind the falls. Bring a waterproof jacket and shoes.
- Gljúfrabúi Waterfall, Þórsmerkurvegur
- Skógafoss Waterfall
- Solheimasandur Plane Wreck *1 1/2 hour roundtrip from parking lot to wreckage. Sadly site is being destroyed by tourists.
- Dyrhólaey Arch
- Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach, Reynishverfisvegur, Iceland
- Reynisdrangar View, Iceland
- Fjaðrárgljúfur *Canyon in south east Iceland up to 100 m deep and about 2 kilometres long, with the Fjaðrá river flowing through it.
- Skaftafell, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Jökulsárlón Skaftafell National Park